Chris Holden - Career change biography
Moving to New Zealand in 2002 I worked at the NZ Oil Refinery until gaining Citizenship.
In 2006 I left employment to study at Northtec Polytechnic College in Whangarei for 2 years, retraining as an Architectural Draftsperson. Once qualified I ventured overseas to Australia where initially I started my own Architectural Design and Drafting company, then later drafting for several other companies within the Architectural arena.
My CAD experience to date has me predominately proficient with Archicad, though I have had experience with Autocad, AutoSketch, Google SketchUp Pro and Chief Architect.
Prior to my Architectural Drafting career I was originally trained in the UK as an Instrumentation Technician working within the Heavy Engineering Sectors. I have gained 20+ years experience in this field, on varying contracts globally.
This career has me disciplined in many facets of Instrumentation, including Calibration, Construction, Commissioning, Maintenance and within most heavy industrial areas, including:
- Raw Gas - CSG to LNG
Oil – Extraction
- Mining – Gold, Nickel & Potash
- Petrochemical - Cyclohexane, Monomer, Polymer, Olefines & Ammonia
- Oil Refining - Sulphur recovery, Oil tankage and Jetty
- Power Generation - Coal & Gas fired
- Rail Track - Surface and Underground
- Harbour/Jetty - On/off loading Crude Oil & Refined product
- Water Treatment
- Civil - Flood Alleviation
All my experience within the Engineering Sectors can be found on my previous LinkedIn page - here